How does this work?
With Stitched, ANYONE can create a completely custom quilt - no sewing knowledge or experience required.
It's a super simple 4-step process, only one of which requires any work from you:
1) Find a quilt design that you like. You can order the default design, customize any of the default designs, or even design a quilt from scratch using our Advanced Design Tool. You are in total control of your design: your customization can be as simple as changing out the text, as involved as changing the color of every fabric in the whole design, or you can create a truly one-of-a-kind design with the advanced design tool. We've made it so you can get exactly the quilt you want.
2) We digitally print your quilt design using our state of the art digital textile printer on our color-fast cotton poplin fabric. The digital print-on-demand process is designed to minimize wasted fabric and ink. Since we print only what is ordered, there’s no leftover printed fabric that we can’t use (unlike traditional quilting methods). Our inks have been tested for harmful chemicals (like formaldehyde and lead) and are found to be safe for infant use.
3) Our U.S.-based quilters will apply edge-to-edge machine quilt stitching to your design, using Hobbs batting (the soft stuff in the middle of quilts), and super soft Cuddle® minky fabric on the back of the quilt. (Minky has been called one of the "softest fabrics in the world").
4) Enjoy your beautiful, made to order custom quilt. We'll ship your finished quilt from our facility within 7 business days, and it should arrive on your doorstep within 10 business days ready for you or your loved ones to enjoy.
What materials are used to make your quilts?
We strive to make the highest quality quilts using the finest materials to ensure lasting comfort for generations to come. We print on a high-quality, 100% cotton, pre-shrunk, optic white poplin fabric. It is a tighter weave than traditional quilting weight fabric, has not been treated with flame retardant chemicals and is printed in the USA. Our quilt top fabric has undergone rigorous testing to ensure color-fastness through multiple washings. Our batting is a blend of cotton & polyester, which provides exceptional strength and durability during the quilting process. The backs of our quilts feature Cuddle® minky fabric, one of the softest fabrics in the world, which is exclusively produced and sold by Shannon Fabrics.
What is digitally printed fabric?
All of our quilts are digitally printed directly onto the fabric before being quilted. Pigment dyed simply means that the printer lays ink down on the surface of the fabric, much like the conventional inkjet printers you find in the home or office - just supersized! The benefit is that we can achieve a very high level of detail in our designs, and every single quilt we produce can be completely custom. You're able to design a quilt that is truly unique to you, that no one else in the world has.
Should I wash my quilt before using?
We treat all of our printed fabrics with a fabric softener before shipping to soften the hand ("hand" is the feel of the fabric). You may notice our fabric will still arrive a little crisp, but will be delighted to know that it softens beautifully in the wash. Washing our digitally printed quilts before use, as with any fabrics, is a personal choice. There isn't anything inherently different about the digital printing process that requires washing before use. Remember to bear in mind that all cotton shrinks with washing.
How does the fabric hold up under washing?
We print with environmentally-friendly, water-based textile pigments. We do not use any harsh acids or chemicals. These pigments have been specially formulated to be compatible with our printers and fabric and offer a rich color gamut with good color fastness. Our digitally printed fabric holds up very well under ideal washing conditions. We do everything on our end possible to ensure the fabric will meet both our own high expectations and those of our customers. A few things to note: black is a challenging color for all digitally printed fabrics because of the amount of ink required when black is being placed on a white background - this means occasionally there may be slight streaking in large blocks of black or other dark colored designs. Very minor fading of dark colors may occur after washing, particularly on more saturated sections of fabric.
For best results, please follow these simple care instructions:
- Machine wash cold, gentle cycle
- Wash with like colors using phosphate free detergent
- Do not bleach
- Choose a larger load size to prevent creasing
- Tumble dry low, remove promptly or line dry
- Warm Iron
When will my order arrive?
All of our quilts are made on demand. Because our quilts are made to order especially for you, orders have average lead time of 1-2 weeks. Believe us when we tell you that it is worth the wait! We will ship immediately after your quilt has been produced and packaged.
Where do you ship?
We ship all orders from our shop in Salt Lake City, Utah (USA). Free shipping is included in the price for all orders shipped to addresses within the continental United States. We ship via USPS. We also offer international shipping by request. Rates vary by country. Typical cost is $33 to most countries and just $24 to Canada. Please email email@example.com to arrange for international shipping.